- There Might Be 14 New Food-Related Emoji On the Way — Including Pie!
- At Disney World's Newest Restaurant, You Can Order From Your Phone
- Cheetos Proposes a Line of Easter ‘Snackwear’
- Food is Trending on Broadway — In a Big Way
- Americans Are Eating Significantly Less Beef, According to a Study
- White Chocolate M&Ms Might Grace the Candy Aisle Year-Round
- You Can Call Skim Milk 'Skim Milk' in Florida Once Again
- NBA All-Star Dwight Howard Struggled with Sugar Addiction
- Amazon Will Let You Order Beer Just By Shouting At Alexa
- Robots Could Deliver Your Next Takeout Order
This new Kickstarter is making edible greeting cards.
Remember the days when you bought your mom chocolates and a card on Mother’s Day? Soon, only one purchase will be necessary. Noteworthy Chocolates, a new Kickstarter that’s more than halfway to its $27,000 goal, is making laser-engraved chocolate stationery. The first shipments go out in October, but backers are already purchasing their edible greeting cards.
Customers are able to choose their chocolate, size, templates and fonts and of course, a unique engraved message. Once the designing process is complete, the chocolates are shipped in “eco-elegant” (beautiful, recyclable and compostable) packaging.
The chocolate, which is Fair Trade Certified, made of cacao sustainably sourced from Ecuador and created in the U.S. in small batches with non-GMO ingredients, comes in dark, milk and white varieties. It is also soy, peanut and gluten-free.
Noteworthy Chocolates plans to use the Kickstarter funding to build a fully-equipped kitchen and laser lab.
This startup will cut gift-giving in half in a creative and novel way. Who wouldn’t eat a chocolate greeting card?