- 12 Brilliant Ways to Use a Dehydrator
- 6 Delicious Jerky Snacks You Should Be Eating
- How to Drink Your Juice and Eat It Too
- 6 Ingredients to Up Your Juicing Game
- Sweet Tea: Delicious Iced Caffeinator of the South
- 10 Ways to Use Leftover Pie Dough
- 9 Ways to Use Granola
- 8 Chef Upgrades for Roasted Potatoes
- 6 Ways to Showcase Peas
- 8 Sauces for Grilled Shrimp
Meat and cheese from Iowa, obviously.
There's hardly a better way to commune with Iowa tonight than by camping out in front of CNN to watch the caucus results roll in while enjoying some of the state's local specialties. For hors d'oeuvres, assemble a platter of delicious meats from the Iowa-based company La Quercia (La KWER-cha)—maybe their speck, plus prosciutto, coppa, and salami, and don't forget bread's best friend, their spreadable n'duja. To go with the meats, try these two fantastic cheeses from the Milton Creamery: There's the award-winning Prairie Breeze, as well as Flory's Truckle, a clothbound cheddar that's made in collaboration with the Flory Family in Missouri. In case you're wondering, truckle is the cylindrical shape in which traditional old-world cheddars were formed. Flory's Truckle is not only delicious; it gets my vote for best cheese moniker.