- Why You Should Be Drinking Your Own Homemade Vermouth All Spring
- If You're Going to Drink Something Green on St. Patrick's Day, Make it Chartreuse
- 5 Better Ways to Take New Year's Eve Shots
- Why Christina Tosi Is Bringing Pressed Juice to Milk Bar
- Here's Why a Bloody Bull is Better Than a Bloody Mary
- The Nutella Negroni Is the Ultimate Easter Cocktail
- 7 Instant Sparkling Wine Cocktails
- Best Boozy Seltzers for Labor Day Drinking
- 10 Super-Boozy Cocktails for Super Tuesday
- 9 Cocktails to Make with Ginger Beer Besides Dark n' Stormies
Cocktails for whatever weather March brings.
March weather is erratic, to say the least. One day it's sunny and 73 degrees, the next it's 45 and raining. It's hard enough to figure out how to dress for this weather—but what about what to drink? These five cocktails are perfect for happy hour outside on a warm spring day or hunkering down during a surprise, winter-is-back snowstorm.
This twist on a whiskey sour is everything you need for fickle weather: Whiskey makes it fortifying enough for March chill while the cassis (blackcurrant liqueur) and grapefruit juice are freshing (and colorful) enough to make it feel like spring.
This riff on a Tom Collins blends apple juice (a remnant of winter cider and pies) with summery lemon verbena.
This icy, slushy cocktail is a nod to shaved ice and snow cones with the added warmth of maple and rosemary.
With tequila, passion fruit and lime, this margarita is distinctly springy, but the last of winter's vibrant pomegranates and blood oranges give it a rich, deep color.
Spring cucumbers add a refreshing coolness to this Southern-style drink, but the bourbon will keep you warm on cool March nights.