- 5 Martinis for Serious New Year's Eve Celebrations
- 11 Crazy-Easy Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Beyond Provence: 4 Under-the-Radar French Rosé Regions
- 12 Boozy Tea Drinks to Toast the Return of Downton Abbey
- 6 Spicy, Tingly Cocktails
- 5 Pecan Pie-Perfect Bourbons
- 5 Pumpkin Spice Cocktails
- Spring Tease: Fennel Cocktails
- Why You Should Make Winter Sangria
- Kümmel 101: How to Use the Sweet-Savory Dutch Spirit
Not a whiskey fan? We can help.
When it comes to drinking on St. Patrick’s Day, there are two options: Guinness or whiskey (we refuse the recognize green beer as a viable choice). But what if you don’t like beer or whiskey? We can help. Here, the best beer-and-whiskey-free cocktails to make for St. Patrick’s Day.
1. Half Sinner, Half Saint
St. Patrick’s Day might celebrate a saint but, more often than not, its festivities bring out the sinners in us. This bracing aperitif made with two types of vermouth and aromatic Herbsaint will keep you straddling the line.
2. Tea Thyme
Aside from Guinness, there’s nothing more Irish than teatime. This honeyed cocktail calls for vodka infused with English Breakfast tea, but feel free to use Irish Breakfast instead.
3. Emerald Martini
The perfect ode to the Emerald Isle.
4. Green Lantern
You won’t get pinched carrying this kiwi-hued gin cocktail.
5. Wake ‘n’ Bake
This delicious drink is made with just three ingredients: coffee, coffee liqueur and Irish cream liqueur like Bailey’s.
6. Jade Cocktail
Melon-flavored Midori gives this cocktail is gorgeous color.
7. Crimson and Clover
Forget four-leaf clovers, this vibrant sour will give you all the luck you need.