- Why You Should Drink a Sazerac on Mardi Gras
- Flowery Cocktails for Bridal Showers
- 7 Ways to Transform the Appletini into a Respectable Cocktail
- This London Bar Is Making Wine-Free Wines
- 7 Ways to Make an Ultra-Springy Pimm's Cup
- The Best Canned Wines for Undercover Drinking on New Year's Eve
- 9 Gins to Try for World Gin Day
- 9 Margaritas to Drink With Your Friends on Valentine's Day
- 7 Low Alcohol Cocktails To Drink All Day Long on Thanksgiving
- Spring Drinking from the Pantheon of Modern Classic Cocktails
Not a whiskey fan? We can help.
When it comes to drinking on St. Patrick’s Day, there are two options: Guinness or whiskey (we refuse the recognize green beer as a viable choice). But what if you don’t like beer or whiskey? We can help. Here, the best beer-and-whiskey-free cocktails to make for St. Patrick’s Day.
1. Half Sinner, Half Saint
St. Patrick’s Day might celebrate a saint but, more often than not, its festivities bring out the sinners in us. This bracing aperitif made with two types of vermouth and aromatic Herbsaint will keep you straddling the line.
2. Tea Thyme
Aside from Guinness, there’s nothing more Irish than teatime. This honeyed cocktail calls for vodka infused with English Breakfast tea, but feel free to use Irish Breakfast instead.
3. Emerald Martini
The perfect ode to the Emerald Isle.
4. Green Lantern
You won’t get pinched carrying this kiwi-hued gin cocktail.
5. Wake ‘n’ Bake
This delicious drink is made with just three ingredients: coffee, coffee liqueur and Irish cream liqueur like Bailey’s.
6. Jade Cocktail
Melon-flavored Midori gives this cocktail is gorgeous color.
7. Crimson and Clover
Forget four-leaf clovers, this vibrant sour will give you all the luck you need.