- Quick Snack
- The Ultimate Italian Bar Snack
- Salad Dressing Days
- Heroic Waiter Saves Customers at NYC's Bar Bao
- Crazy Fried Chicken
- Waffle Mania
- The Little Trick to Eating Ramen That Will Change Your Slurping Game
- This Chicago Chef Designed His Hit Restaurant Around His Home
- There’s No Poutine at the Highly Anticipated Riel, Opening Next Week
- What Happens When the Man Behind Sushi Nakazawa Takes on NYC Icon Chumley’s
© Kristin Donnelly
Morels at Gotham Bar & Grill.
Yesterday I wore a ruffled lavender dress, trying to will spring to New York City. Sure, I paired it with tights and tall black boots, and I wasn’t ready to shed my puffy down coat, but I think my plan worked: Last night at Gotham Bar & Grill, I had some of the season’s first morels. OK, so coming from Oregon, the mushrooms weren’t local. But as a one-time treat (they were butter-braised with Oregon fiddlehead ferns, green garlic and spring onions as well), I think the carbon-footprint splurge was worth it. I'm thrilled to know that East Coast morels aren't too far behind. Maybe next week I’ll trade in the big coat.