- You Can Celebrate The Holidays in Natchitoches Like a Steel Magnolia
- Top 10 Caribbean Beach Bars
- Book Lovers: This Hotel in a 700-year-old City Needs to Be on Your Bucket List
- Around-The-World Trips Aren't Out of Reach Anymore
- This New App Will Help You Score Outrageous Flight Deals
- How to Plan Holiday Travel With Your Pet
- All of the World’s Extraordinary Sites on One Map
- 4 Great Beach Bars in Anguilla
- How to Plan a Family Trip to Hawaii
- John Besh and Cooper Manning's New Orleans Holiday Party
It's time to book a mid-week flight.
This piece originally appeared on Travelandleisure.com.
Tired of the long TSA lines? Book a flight for Wednesday. According to data collected by HappyOrNot's feedback-collecting smiley terminals, Wednesday is the best day of the week to travel, and sees the highest number of happy travelers.
By pressing one of four "smiley" buttons at a HappyOrNot booth (faces ranged from red, dismayed faces or neutral, pale green meh faces to full-on thrilled bright green smileys) 70 million passengers at 100 airports all over the world ranked Hump Day number one. It's been lauded as the easiest day for scooting through an airport since 2013. Early birds who travel between 5 a.m. and 8 a.m. will find their time at the airport even more painless.
"The happy, vacation-mode attitude can quickly turn into a stressful, unhappy one if you have an unpleasant experience at the airport,” said Heikki Väänänen, CEO at HappyOrNot, in a statement. “Things like long queues at security checks, slow baggage claims, inefficient check-ins, or poor service in lounges can have an impact on your mood and affect the rest of your vacation. It is understandable that the busiest days get the worst feedback results."
The data also analyzed the best airports by country based on passenger satisfaction using a minimum of 1,000 passenger reviews per day in 30 different countries. Here are the highest ranked country airports :