You’ve probably either seen or been this person at a cookout: the guest who picks up a cold, juicy wedge of watermelon, then reaches for the salt and sprinkles it on the fruit. Why? Because some people believe that salting watermelon makes it taste sweeter. Whether that is actually true or not is up for debate, but what’s certain is that a little bit of salt can be delicious with watermelon. So if you regularly salt your melon or are curious about trying, here are five delicious recipes that mix sweet watermelon and salt.
1. Watermelon Salad with Mint and Lime
Watermelon, lime juice, cayenne, mint and salt come together in this supersimple salad, which is also great with a splash of rum.
- 5 Fantastic Frozen Watermelon Recipes
- 4 Must-Try Hacks for Prepping and Eating Watermelon
- 5 Super-Delicious Savory Watermelon Recipes
2. Grilled Watermelon with Yogurt
This is Michael Psilakis’s modern take on the traditional Greek combination of watermelon and feta cheese.