- Video: Gail Simmons Finds an Epic Meal in Palm Springs
- The Science Behind Letting Meat Rest After Cooking
- Watch: Chris Cosentino's Offal Odyssey in Hong Kong
- Could Roy Choi’s Tacos Win Los Angeles the 2024 Olympics?
- Video: Rick Bayless Makes the Ultimate 4/20 Tacos
- WATCH: Anthony Bourdain Explores Manila in the New Season of Parts Unknown
- The Ultimate Triple-Egg Breakfast
- Watch: How to Make Hot Pot at Home
- Watch Alan Rickman Make a Cup of Tea
- Chef José Andrés Thinks Beets Are Sexy
It’s not just the amount of salt you use when cooking that can affect a dish—it’s also when you use it.
If you wait until a dish is finished to season it with salt, then you’re waiting too long. On the other hand, if you salt it right away and then never again—that’s also incorrect. In this video from 2015’s Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, Carla Hall reveals the right way to use salt so that the finished product is perfectly seasoned.