- You Can't Put Melania Trump's Face on a Cake in Slovenia
- Elite Sushi Chef to Join Trump Hotel After Other Star Chefs Back Out
- Nestlé on a Mission to Make a Healthier Kind of Sugar
- Dominique Ansel's Cereal Is Alarmingly Delicious
- How That Roy Choi Gilmore Girls Cameo Came About
- Marcus Samuelsson is Now Offering Room Service
- Dominique Ansel's London
- The Great American Baking Show Returns to TV
- Happy Brooklyn Day, Everyone
- How René Redzepi Is Giving Back to the Culinary Community in Mexico
Are you eating fake lobster?
On Valentine’s Day, consider this before ordering the lobster bisque: An investigation by Inside Edition found that many restaurants are serving cheap lobster substitute in place of the luxe crustacean.
After visiting 28 restaurants across the country—including national chains and small mom and pop seafood shacks—reporters found that 35 percent of the lobster dishes were actually made with shellfish imposters like whiting (a small, inexpensive fish) or, in the case of Red Lobster, langostino, a prawn-like creature that’s more closely related to the hermit crab than the lobster. Watch the report below.
Instead of risking getting any lobster impostors out at a restaurant this Valentine's Day, stay in and make your own, 100% lobster dish using one of these recipes.