- This Artist Will Custom-Paint Your Stand Mixer — and Beyoncé is a Customer!
- Some of New York's Swankiest Restaurants Are Hosting a Bake Sale for Planned Parenthood
- Exactly What Selena Gomez Eats Every Single Morning
- Watch a Young Mary Berry Put Fish in the Blender in These Amazing Vintage Cooking Segments
- These Fourth Graders Are Lobbying Wisconsin to Make Cheese an Official State Symbol
- A Shanghai Restaurant Bombards Your Senses With Dancing Waiters and a Nintendo Soundtrack
- Deep Clean Your Cast Iron Skillet With This Miraculous Gadget
- Hungary Tries to Ban Use of Red Stars, Probably Just to Spite Heineken
- This Chef's Food Photos Are Terrifying
- Peeps Flavored Italian Ice Is a Thing
Are you eating fake lobster?
On Valentine’s Day, consider this before ordering the lobster bisque: An investigation by Inside Edition found that many restaurants are serving cheap lobster substitute in place of the luxe crustacean.
After visiting 28 restaurants across the country—including national chains and small mom and pop seafood shacks—reporters found that 35 percent of the lobster dishes were actually made with shellfish imposters like whiting (a small, inexpensive fish) or, in the case of Red Lobster, langostino, a prawn-like creature that’s more closely related to the hermit crab than the lobster. Watch the report below.
Instead of risking getting any lobster impostors out at a restaurant this Valentine's Day, stay in and make your own, 100% lobster dish using one of these recipes.