- A Time-Traveling Food Festival Comes to Brooklyn
- 5 Awesome Things That Happened When Ferran Adrià Came to Cleveland
- Breaking News: Stephanie Izard to Open Duck Duck Goat in Chicago This Summer
- Exclusive Clip: A Year in Champagne
- Next Up at Next: Chicago Steakhouse
- The New Beastie Boys Sandwich at Num Pang
- The Royal Tenenbaums Meet Hip-Hop at Roy Choi’s Newest Restaurant
- Island Creek Oysters Expands, Explains How to Shuck 'Em Yourself
- Breaking Ice Cream News: Morgenstern's Unveils Limited-Edition Collaborations, Like Rose Gold & Black Diamonds
- Miami’s Next Culinary Hotspot Will Feature New Restaurants From Paul Qui and Francis Mallmann
Courtesy of The Cinema Guild.
Step Up to the Plate, is the second film to follow French master chef Michel Bras and documents the chef's bequest of his Michelin three-star restaurant in Laguiole to his son Sébastien in 2010. See an F&W exclusive clip of the movie here>
Living up to a father's expectations is especially daunting when your dad is Michel Bras, one of France’s most revered chefs and the preeminent farm-to-table pioneer. Step Up to the Plate, the second film to follow Bras, documents the chef's bequest of his Michelin three-star restaurant in Laguiole to his son Sébastien in 2010. Bras's signature dish is gargouillou, a gorgeous deconstructed salad with 60 individually prepared ingredients including vegetables, flowers and seeds, that continues to inspire chefs like David Kinch, Paul Liebrandt and Daniel Patterson. In this F&W exclusive clip, son Sébastien agonizes over the creation of an elaborate dessert called cheminement, which is translated in the film as "The Pathway." The cheminement includes milk curd, fried bread, milk "skin," butternut squash "spaghetti," chocolate, Laguiole cheese, blackberry jelly and bread crust. Step Up to the Plate premieres tomorrow in New York City at Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and Quad Cinema, and will be screened in select US cities through October.
Related: Dinner with a Deity: Master Chef Michel Bras
Superb French Recipes
Beautiful French Desserts