- The Ultimate Book for Fire-Loving Cooks
- Spain, Greece, the Middle East and North Africa...All in One Inspiring Cookbook
- How to Be a Great French Chef
- An Adventure Through Flatbreads
- This Hidden Gem of a Cookbook Has the Perfect Escargot Recipe
- Jacques Pépin Will School You in How to Crack an Egg, and You'll Like It
- Feeling Stale? Read This Pastry Book
- Ryan Poli’s First Favorite Cookbook
- This Encyclopedic Cookbook Will Get You Inspired for Spring
- The Closest Mark Twain Came to Writing a Cookbook
Chef Chris Pandel's favorite cookbook series is all about simple, focused, brilliant recipes.
Getting a chef to pick a favorite cookbook is like asking a parent to choose her most-loved child. But F&W pressed great cooks around the country to reveal their all-time top picks.
The Chef: Chris Pandel
The Book: The Casa Moro series, by Sam and Sam Clark
“The recipes are based on the Moorish cuisine of Spain and the Mediterranean, but through the lens of an English garden in a pretty crappy part of town,” Pandel says. “All of their recipes are so simple and focused on using ingredients properly: They let fava beans taste like fava beans and make amazing broths from leftover ham bones. They can pull flavor out of nowhere.”