- Is Soft Jazz the Secret to Great Goat Cheese?
- Menu-Free Restaurants
- Day 2: Pigs & Produce at Thackeray Farms
- The Alice Waters of 1938
- Day 2: Crabbing with Fred Dockery
- The Brief, Wondrous Strawberry Season
- Day 2: Shrimp & Dinner at The Wreck
- Mondavi's Garden Campaign
- Next Big Fruit: Baby Peaches?
- Burlington, Vermont Peaks
A cheese lover's heaven.
A few years ago, I had a brief love affair with the notion of running away and becoming a cheesemaker somewhere green and beautiful. Now, Murray’s is offering its first cheesemaker tour to give wannabe cheesemakers like me an insider's look into the art of cheesemaking, right at the source.
Murray’s Director of Education, Taylor Cocalis, is leading a group of no more than 20 around the Swiss region of Bad Ragaz June 8 to 13 with stops at traditional farmstead cheesemakers, Swiss farms and tours of 400-year-old aging caves. And of course, fabulous cheese tastings, wine-paired dinners and overnights at a luxe hotel and spa are included. Check out the full itinerary here. If this first trip is a success, Murray’s plans to lead more trips in the future.
Bad Ragaz Switzerland.