- Mushroom Hunting (and Cooking) Lessons from an Expert Forager
- Pot-au-Feu: The Ultimate French Comfort Food
- Top 10 Food Moments Every 'Girls' Fan Will Remember
- Potage Parmentier: The Perfect Potato and Leek Soup in Any Language
- 5 Reasons Why Pie Is the Best
- Where to Eat While You Bet on March Madness in Vegas
- What It’s Like to Eat Six Bowls of Ramen in a Single Day
- 3 Bittersweet Drinks to Make with Amaro di Angostura
- 8 Unexpected Ways to Top a Pizza
- Everything You Need to Know About Oolong Tea
Lionel Vatinet knows bread.
Lionel Vatinet knows bread. The owner of La Farm Bakery in Cary, North Carolina, and author of A Passion For Bread: Lessons From A Master Baker is known for his flaky French pastries and old-world approach to crafting the perfect loaf. His latest obsession: this dense Scandinavian rye bread inspired by his wife’s Norwegian roots. The bread, which is surprisingly less involved than its French cousins, uses a mix of healthy, whole grains and quality rye flour. Here, the master walks us through the process for this delicious and wholesome bread. Watch the video and then get the recipe in our step-by-step slideshow.