- KitchenAid’s New All-Black Stand Mixer Is Insanely Gorgeous
- Calorie Restriction Could Help You Live Longer. Should You Actually Try It?
- What to Do if You Think You've Eaten Recalled Food
- How Chefs Are Cooking with Pickle Brine
- This Omelet Is How Anthony Bourdain Resets After Travel
- 7 Luxurious Private Wine Tastings
- 9 Dumplings to Make for Lunar New Year
- 5 Recipes to Celebrate National Raisin Day
- How to Get The Most from Your Spices
- Sweet Tea: Delicious Iced Caffeinator of the South
Lionel Vatinet knows bread.
Lionel Vatinet knows bread. The owner of La Farm Bakery in Cary, North Carolina, and author of A Passion For Bread: Lessons From A Master Baker is known for his flaky French pastries and old-world approach to crafting the perfect loaf. His latest obsession: this dense Scandinavian rye bread inspired by his wife’s Norwegian roots. The bread, which is surprisingly less involved than its French cousins, uses a mix of healthy, whole grains and quality rye flour. Here, the master walks us through the process for this delicious and wholesome bread. Watch the video and then get the recipe in our step-by-step slideshow.