- 6 Super-Satisfying Vegetarian Stews
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 5 Ways to Use a Dip Most Americans Have Never Heard Of
- 4 Crispy-Cheesy Margherita Pizza Recipes
- 7 Gooey, Buttery Breakfast Pastries to Make This Weekend
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 9 New Ways to Make Waffles
- 10 Super-Cozy Winter Brunch Dishes
- 8 Crisp and Crunchy Fall Salads
- 11 Healthy Vegetarian Dishes for Earth Day
Sautéed and served alone, chicken livers can be polarizing. But pureed into a creamy pâté with butter and seasonings, they’re undeniably delicious—even if you are squeamish about offal.
Here, seven incredible chicken liver pâtés are a breeze to whip up ahead of time for perfect holiday party hors d’oeuvres.
This buttery, earthy pâté can be spread on crostini, stuffed into Cognac-poached prunes, or even shaped into small balls and deep-fried with sage leaves.
This pâté gets extra flavor from anchovies and Marsala. Crème fraîche makes it incredibly silky.
Schmaltz (rendered chicken fat) gives this pâté its incredible richness.
The richness of this silky pâté is balanced by tart green peppercorns. It's even better made a day ahead.
Chefs Vinny Dotolo and Jon Shook spent a month perfecting their creamy chicken-liver mousse, topped with a jam of sweet sautéed shallots and balsamic vinegar.
This mousse is supremely light, with a lovely hint of apple from Calvados.
This is a simple, classic Florentine chicken-liver pâté, which can be prepared in a coarse or smooth style.