- 5 Survival Soups
- Fight Scurvy with Ceviche
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
- Chris Pandel’s End-of-the-World Pigs
- Ryan Lowder’s Spicy Survival Snack
- Don’t Mess with Kyle Bailey’s Spoon
- Why You Should Camp with Canola
- Give This Chef Caviar or Give Him Death
- Dale Talde’s Retro Sugar Fix
- Guy Savoy’s Luxe Last Meal
Two chefs named Bill would include ramen in their emergency packs.
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, à la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Two chefs named Bill—Bill Smith of Crook’s Corner in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and Bill Kim of Chicago’s UrbanBelly and Belly Shack—would include ramen in their emergency packs. Kim likes to eat ramen raw. “Like a Cheeto or Dorito,” he says. Smith says he would bring little kits of ramen, “to eat in the sun.” Instant ramen never sounded so poetic.