- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
- Five Essential Tips for Feeding Your Dad on Father's Day
- Grilled Chicken Upgrade
- 7 Apples to Use for Pie
- How to Make Grilled Beef Rolls Like a Vietnamese Grandmother
- 5 Ways to Upgrade Your Onion Dip
- It's Gluten-Free Week at Food & Wine
- Exclusive: Frank Bruni's Mom's Pesto
- One-Pan Chicken Roast
- The Italian Restaurant of Giada de Laurentiis's Dreams
Warning: Test Kitchen Tease snapshots may cause cravings, lip-smacking and an unshakeable desire to cook.
© Grace Parisi
Layer Cakes from Seattle's Dahlia Bakery
This week in the Test Kitchen, Food & Wine’s Senior Recipe Developer Grace Parisi tested two unparalleled layer cakes from Seattle’s Dahlia Bakery. Dahlia fills its decadent chocolate cake (top right) with an irresistible bittersweet chocolate mousse and frosts the cake with a creamy hazelnut buttercream. Brown butter yellow cake (far left) provided a rich canvas for white chocolate mousse filling—spiked with a delicate amount of orange liqueur—and bittersweet chocolate frosting. These recipes will be published early next year, but this weekend, you can practice your baking skills on this super-delicious old-fashioned chocolate layer cake from Test Kitchen Supervisor Marcia Kiesel.
Related: Layer Cake Recipes