- A Beautiful, Balanced California Chardonnay
- This Berry-Packed Beaujolais is Amazing With Spicy Tuna Burgers
- Moscato d'Asti: Wine of a Thousand Uses
- Winter's #1 Party Riesling
- The Best Reason to Drink Gewürztraminer This Summer
- An Under-the-Radar Region That Makes Amazing Sauvignon Blanc
- Sure-Fire Wine Gift: Aged Rioja
- A Vividly Delicious Italian White
- Floral, Fragrant Bordeaux to Buy Now
- A Bargain White for Cold Weather
Raventós i Blanc's sparkling rosé has a fresh raspberry nose and a floral palate that suggests a very well-made, strawberry-inflected rose soda.
2011 Raventós i Blanc de Nit Rosado Cava: It's not Champagne, but dry, delicious cava deserves respect—especially when it comes from a top producer. Raventós i Blanc is the lower-production, higher-quality label from the family behind Cordoníu—the first and most well-known cava label in Spain. Their de Nit sparkling rosé is a perennial good value, and the 2011 is fantastic. It has a fresh raspberry nose and a floral palate that suggests a very well-made, strawberry-inflected rose soda. With tiny bubbles and a silky texture, this is a sparkling wine that's elegant enough for a midnight toast, even though it costs a fraction of what you'd pay for rosé Champagne.
Drink It With: Barbara Shinn and David Page's amazing Champagne vinegar-braised pork.
Also Look For: Raventós i Blanc's frothier, creamier white cava, L'Hereu. The 2011 has intense white peach and spice flavors.