- 9 Super-Tasty Meatless Burgers for Memorial Day
- 10 Superfast Grilling Recipes
- 5 Egg Appetizers for Easter
- 10 Best-Ever Pasta Salads for the Fourth of July
- 10 Ways to Make Ribs for the Fourth of July
- How to Cook 3 Supercheap and Insanely Delicious Cuts of Lamb
- 7 Ways to Rethink Cheesecake
- 5 Ways to Amp Up Any Gravy
- How to Fix Lumpy Gravy and 3 Other Classic Thanksgiving Mistakes
- 5 Ways to Make Your Own Pesto
I'm very lucky to be married to a builder for so many reasons: From major renovations to minor repairs, he's always ready to help. He even customizes kitchen tools for me. My most recent request was for him to cut me an eight-inch length of three-quarter-inch PVC pipe from his scrap pile, so I could roll out dough for Asian dumplings.
Standard rolling pins are too long and heavy. I've made dumplings using wooden dowels, but we don't seem to have many lying around. Broom handles are great, but then you have to cannibalize your broom. PVC (polyvinyl chloride pipe-a combination of plastic and vinyl) is perfect: smooth, lightweight and easy to customize.