- 9 Ways to Use Melon
- 7 Best-Ever Healthy Summer Salads
- 12 Salads to Make with Roast Chicken
- Emeril Lagasse’s Bacony Sauteed Radishes
- 10 Ways to Use Radishes
- 5 Chile Dishes You Should Definitely Be Eating
- 10 Ways to Use Spaghetti Squash
- Andrew Zimmern's Key Lime Pie
- 5 Ways to Make Your Own Pesto
- Turn Your Avocado Toast into Dinner
I'm very lucky to be married to a builder for so many reasons: From major renovations to minor repairs, he's always ready to help. He even customizes kitchen tools for me. My most recent request was for him to cut me an eight-inch length of three-quarter-inch PVC pipe from his scrap pile, so I could roll out dough for Asian dumplings.
Standard rolling pins are too long and heavy. I've made dumplings using wooden dowels, but we don't seem to have many lying around. Broom handles are great, but then you have to cannibalize your broom. PVC (polyvinyl chloride pipe-a combination of plastic and vinyl) is perfect: smooth, lightweight and easy to customize.