- 11 Ways to Use Okra
- 7 Non-Traditional Ways to Serve Turkey at Thanksgiving
- Quinoa Sauté with Grüner Veltliner
- Healthy Borscht Salad with Juicy Beaujolais
- 6 Ways to Showcase Peas
- David Chang Pigs Out on Barley
- 5 Quick and Comforting Rice Dishes
- 10 Ways to Use Kale
- 8 Soup Recipes You Should Definitely Batch
- Fast Vegan Black Bean Chili with Malbec
I'm very lucky to be married to a builder for so many reasons: From major renovations to minor repairs, he's always ready to help. He even customizes kitchen tools for me. My most recent request was for him to cut me an eight-inch length of three-quarter-inch PVC pipe from his scrap pile, so I could roll out dough for Asian dumplings.
Standard rolling pins are too long and heavy. I've made dumplings using wooden dowels, but we don't seem to have many lying around. Broom handles are great, but then you have to cannibalize your broom. PVC (polyvinyl chloride pipe-a combination of plastic and vinyl) is perfect: smooth, lightweight and easy to customize.