- Quinoa Sauté with Grüner Veltliner
- How to Pair Kale Salad with Wine
- Live-to-100 Salad with Pinot Gris
- Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Lightly Sweet Riesling
- Why Your Winter Salad Needs Lentils (and Wine)
- 7 Ways to Serve Clams
- Tomatillo Chicken Stew with Sauvignon Blanc
- 8 Ways to Use Apples
- The Ultimate Wine Party Snack
- Broccoli Sandwich with a Bright, Crisp White
I'm very lucky to be married to a builder for so many reasons: From major renovations to minor repairs, he's always ready to help. He even customizes kitchen tools for me. My most recent request was for him to cut me an eight-inch length of three-quarter-inch PVC pipe from his scrap pile, so I could roll out dough for Asian dumplings.
Standard rolling pins are too long and heavy. I've made dumplings using wooden dowels, but we don't seem to have many lying around. Broom handles are great, but then you have to cannibalize your broom. PVC (polyvinyl chloride pipe-a combination of plastic and vinyl) is perfect: smooth, lightweight and easy to customize.