- 6 Ways to Use Canned Pumpkin
- 9 Dips to Make for a Thanksgiving Potluck
- 3 Exquisite Roasted Dips
- 5 Homemade Chow Mein Recipes That Are Better Than Takeout
- 7 Best Party Dips for Graduation
- A Smoked Salmon Rice Bowl with Riesling
- One-Pot Stew with Malbec
- A Supersimple (and Incredibly Healthy) Salmon Dish
- 7 Ways to Use Eco-Friendly Farmed Salmon
- DIY Cured Salmon
I'm very lucky to be married to a builder for so many reasons: From major renovations to minor repairs, he's always ready to help. He even customizes kitchen tools for me. My most recent request was for him to cut me an eight-inch length of three-quarter-inch PVC pipe from his scrap pile, so I could roll out dough for Asian dumplings.
Standard rolling pins are too long and heavy. I've made dumplings using wooden dowels, but we don't seem to have many lying around. Broom handles are great, but then you have to cannibalize your broom. PVC (polyvinyl chloride pipe-a combination of plastic and vinyl) is perfect: smooth, lightweight and easy to customize.