- Five Essential Tips for Feeding Your Dad on Father's Day
- Frank Bruni’s Chocolate Sauce
- 6 Sandwiches That Would Benefit From a Bacon Weave
- Lean Buffalo, Crispy Chickpeas and Molten Chocolate Cake in the #FWCookbook
- Mother’s Day Chicken Friccassee
- Darker and Stormier
- 11 Ways to Use Okra
- 10 Most Popular Recipes of 2014
- A Vegan Passover?!
- Grilled Quail with Shaved Fennel and Yogurt
I'm very lucky to be married to a builder for so many reasons: From major renovations to minor repairs, he's always ready to help. He even customizes kitchen tools for me. My most recent request was for him to cut me an eight-inch length of three-quarter-inch PVC pipe from his scrap pile, so I could roll out dough for Asian dumplings.
Standard rolling pins are too long and heavy. I've made dumplings using wooden dowels, but we don't seem to have many lying around. Broom handles are great, but then you have to cannibalize your broom. PVC (polyvinyl chloride pipe-a combination of plastic and vinyl) is perfect: smooth, lightweight and easy to customize.