- Five Essential Tips for Feeding Your Dad on Father's Day
- 5 Ways to Use Almond Butter
- 7 Things to Do with Cherry Tomatoes
- 9 Things To Do with Poblanos
- Winter Vegetable Pasta with Dolcetto
- 10 Game-Day Snacks That Will Win Any World Cup Viewing Party
- 7 Super-Easy Tapas Recipes
- National Doughnut Day
- Beyond Hot Wings: 11 Crazy Foods to Buffalo for the Super Bowl
- Potato Chip-Crusted Chicken for Picnic Day
I'm very lucky to be married to a builder for so many reasons: From major renovations to minor repairs, he's always ready to help. He even customizes kitchen tools for me. My most recent request was for him to cut me an eight-inch length of three-quarter-inch PVC pipe from his scrap pile, so I could roll out dough for Asian dumplings.
Standard rolling pins are too long and heavy. I've made dumplings using wooden dowels, but we don't seem to have many lying around. Broom handles are great, but then you have to cannibalize your broom. PVC (polyvinyl chloride pipe-a combination of plastic and vinyl) is perfect: smooth, lightweight and easy to customize.