- Apple Pie for Breakfast, PB&J Porridge and More New Takes on Hot Grain Cereals
- If You Like Lamb Shanks, Try Lamb Shoulder Chops
- The Chestnut's Stunt Double
- Peanut Butter Plus
- 3 Tasty Ways to Flavor Edamame
- Fantastic Austrian Pumpkin Seeds
- Party-Ready Red Walnuts
- Whole-Wheat Pasta That You Can Cook Perfectly
- A Great Date
- Okra: The Best Unsung Frozen Vegetable
Courtesy of Pedon
F&W food editors apply their incredible cooking knowledge to explaining what to do with a variety of interesting ingredients.
I’m always looking for quicker ways to cook whole grains. Executive food editor Tina Ujlaki has extolled the awesome Village Harvest frozen grains. I also love Pedon’s bags of dried grains that magically cook in a pot of water (just like pasta) in 10 minutes. I particularly love the blend of five different grains, which I recently sautéed with shallots and mushrooms to serve as a superfast side dish. But Pedon’s products are great in any recipe that calls for farro, barley or wheat berries.