- Wine Pairing Guide to Shrimp, Scallops, Crab and Mussels
- Counterintuitive Pairing: Chorizo with White, Striped Bass with Red
- Two Under Twenty: Sauvignon Blanc
- Sauvignon Blanc Cheat Sheet
- One Mighty Nice Zinfandel for a Cold Winter Night
- President's Day Wines
- Wines for Weddings (and other big parties, for that matter)
- Holiday Wines: Fox Business & CBS Early Show
- Great Passover Wines Under $15
- The Luke Wilson of Wine, Not Quite the Leading Grape
Despite the dreary weather here in NYC, it is Spring, so I'm going to operate under the delusion that if wine glasses are filled with lively springtime wine, then the sun will emerge, birds will chirp, fluffy clouds will drift in the cerulean sky, and all that sort of pastoral folderol will mark our days for weeks to come.
To that end, I'd suggest going out en masse and depleting stores of their stocks of the 2007 Loimer Lois Grüner Veltliner ($14, find this wine). It's a bright, vibrant white, with the pea tendril-pepperiness that Grüner often has, fresh grapefruit acidity, and a briskly herbal finish. Loimer makes a variety of higher-end estate Grüners that are impressive as well, but for the cash, this one's a no-brainer. —R.I.