- Peanut Butter Plus
- 3 Tasty Ways to Flavor Edamame
- Fantastic Austrian Pumpkin Seeds
- Party-Ready Red Walnuts
- Whole-Wheat Pasta That You Can Cook Perfectly
- A Great Date
- If You Like Lamb Shanks, Try Lamb Shoulder Chops
- Okra: The Best Unsung Frozen Vegetable
- Toasted Sesame Oil: Finishing Oil for Vegetables and Fish
- Delicious Dukkah
Courtesy of Blue Diamond Almonds
F&W food editors apply their incredible cooking knowledge to explaining what to do with a variety of interesting ingredients.
A big part of the pleasure of eating pistachios is getting them out of the shell. It slows you down, of course, and spares you from mindlessly grabbing a handful, which is good. Plus, every pistachio presents its own little challenge of how to get the nut out in one piece without hurting your fingers or your teeth, or cracking a nail. Now the folks at Blue Diamond have jumped into the game with dry-roasted thin-shell almonds, which come salted and unsalted. I can’t tell you how they make the shells thinner, because they weren’t willing to share their secret. But the almonds we tried were superfresh and crisp, with great almond flavor, and they definitely made mindful snacking on almonds a lot more fun.