- Pastafarianism Takes Denmark
- How to Cope During the Cauliflower Shortage
- Facing Hot Competition, Tabasco Opens a Museum
- Whole Foods Taps Momofuku Alum to Revamp Their Menu
- What to Do if You’re Not Famous Enough to Get into Tyrese’s Private Benihana
- Another Reason Why Beer is Good for You: It Boosts Blood Flow!
- Why Salads in Alaska Are About to Get Way Better
- Not Ready to Go Full Vegan? Be a Veggan
- What Makes a Caesar Salad?
- Hillary Clinton's Secret Superfood
Instagram is populated by four kinds of photos: selfies, cute animals, pretty places and food. Now two of those categories have merged into one very specific trend: the #burritoselfie.
No, burritos haven’t gained sentience and suddenly started taking pictures of themselves. A burrito selfie is a pic that you take of yourself and your best food buddy, the burrito. And we are totally for it. Check out BuzzFeed for some prime examples of the phenomena and take your own with these delicious DIY burritos you can make at home.
1. Chicken Burrito with Spinach
A handful of fresh spinach takes these simple chicken burritos to a new level of healthy deliciousness.
2. Flank Steak Burrito with Guacamole and Salsa
An ancho chile powder rub gives lots of flavor and a little bit of spice to the juicy steak in this recipe.
3. Chicken Burritos with Black-Bean Salsa and Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack cheese looks innocent enough but adds a nice kick to these burritos.
4. Roasted Vegetable Burrito
Switch the veggies seasonally to make this burrito a little different throughout the year.
5. Chicken Burrito with Sautéed Kale
Tender pieces of kale sautéed with garlic and onions add a nice twist to this simple burrito.
6. Vegan Breakfast Burrito
This vegan burrito is made with a tofu scramble for a healthy and filling start to the day.
7. Chicken Burrito with Brown Rice
Brown rice is a healthy replacement for beans.
8. Crispy Fried Fish Burrito
Light and crispy fish is a terrific filling.
9. Quick-and-Easy Rotisserie Chicken Burrito
Using store-bought rotisserie chicken is an easy shortcut.
10. Sweet Potato-Chorizo-Swiss Chard Burrito
This unusual burrito is packed with sweet and spicy flavors.