- 6 Refreshing Aguas Frescas to Make for Brunch
- 7 Best Summer Dishes to Make with Sausage
- 7 Mexican Cheeses You Need to Know
- 7 Ways to Elevate a Quesadilla
- 10 Gluten-Free Dishes That Will Satisfy Any Carb Craving
- How to Make Scrambled Eggs Like Daniel Boulud
- 3 Recipes to Up Your Spring Pesto Game
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 6 Innovative Recipes from Richard Blais
It takes just 12 minutes to make this superfresh-tasting summer salad.
It takes just 12 minutes to make this superfresh-tasting summer salad. Chef Jimmy Bannos Jr. quick-pickles tangy currants, then uses the pickling liquid as a dressing for thin slices of baby squash and greens.
Summer Squash Salad with Pickled Currants
Heat 2 tablespoons each of red wine vinegar and currants with 1/4 teaspoons each of salt and sugar; let cool. Drain; transfer 2 teaspoons of the pickling liquid to a bowl. Toss with 1 pound thinly sliced baby summer squash, 2 cups mixed baby greens, 3/4 cup chopped basil, 2 tablespoons olive oil and the currants. Top with chopped roasted hazelnuts and shaved ricotta salata.