- 9 Easy Fall Breakfasts to Make in 35 Minutes or Less
- 7 Best Sweet Potato Desserts for Fall
- 7 Best Pumpkin Brunch Recipes
- 5 Spritzy Hard Cider Cocktails
- 5 Hearty Stuffed Mushrooms Recipes
- 9 Super-Tasty Meatless Burgers for Memorial Day
- 10 Superfast Grilling Recipes
- 5 Fall Recipes to Make with Both Apple and Pumpkin
- How to Make the Meatballs from Jimmy Kimmel's Emmy's Afterparty
- 5 Egg Appetizers for Easter
It takes just 12 minutes to make this superfresh-tasting summer salad.
It takes just 12 minutes to make this superfresh-tasting summer salad. Chef Jimmy Bannos Jr. quick-pickles tangy currants, then uses the pickling liquid as a dressing for thin slices of baby squash and greens.
Summer Squash Salad with Pickled Currants
Heat 2 tablespoons each of red wine vinegar and currants with 1/4 teaspoons each of salt and sugar; let cool. Drain; transfer 2 teaspoons of the pickling liquid to a bowl. Toss with 1 pound thinly sliced baby summer squash, 2 cups mixed baby greens, 3/4 cup chopped basil, 2 tablespoons olive oil and the currants. Top with chopped roasted hazelnuts and shaved ricotta salata.