- How an Englishman Brought Iced Tea to the Masses
- 7 Best Stuffed Tomatoes
- How Outdoor Style Icon Andrea Westerlind Does Summer
- Why a Y-Peeler is the Perfect Summer Kitchen Tool
- For 50 Painful Years, You Needed a Bayonet to Open a Can
- 6 Great Sparkling Wines for Summer
- Pink Lemonade First Got Its Color from Circus Performers' Red Tights
- Show Us How You Summer on Instagram!
- Cool Summer Wine Accessories
- 15 Great Summer Wine Values
For June’s #HowISummer issue, we asked a few of our favorite chefs and food superstars to tell us what, to them, makes the ultimate burger recipe.
For many of us, summer is all about grilling—fire pits on the beach, hibachis in the park and big backyard barbecues. Burgers are often at the center of it all. For June’s #HowISummer issue, we asked a few of our favorite chefs and food superstars to tell us what, to them, makes the ultimate burger recipe. Some gave us new twists on toppings while others have us re-embracing classics. See their answers, below.
Gail Simmons, Top Chef
"My ideal is a brisket burger: a combo grind of brisket and sirloin, a little horseradish, a slice of beefsteak tomato, full sour pickle slices and spicy brown mustard on a braided challah bun."
Sarah Schafer, Irving Street Kitchen, Portland, OR
"For me, it's grass-fed double patties with double cheese, hatch pepper relish and thin crispy fries under the bun."
Camille Becerra, Navy, New York City
"My ultimate burger is topped with aged cheddar, Billionaire's Bacon (bacon caramelized with brown sugar) and garlicky dill pickles."
Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos, Extra Virgin
"We call it the Super Tuscan: grass-fed beef mixed with egg yolk, Parmesan, onion and parsley. Then we top it with a generous slice of lardo di colonnata and Debi's caramelized onions.”