- 9 Ways to Use Melon
- 7 Best-Ever Healthy Summer Salads
- 12 Salads to Make with Roast Chicken
- Emeril Lagasse’s Bacony Sauteed Radishes
- 10 Ways to Use Radishes
- 5 Chile Dishes You Should Definitely Be Eating
- 10 Ways to Use Spaghetti Squash
- Andrew Zimmern's Key Lime Pie
- 5 Ways to Make Your Own Pesto
- Turn Your Avocado Toast into Dinner
The actors in the forthcoming movie Julie & Julia love food as much as their characters do. At a press junket over the weekend, Meryl Streep (Julia Child) called costar Stanley Tucci (Paul Child) “a great chef.” To prove her point, she told a story about inviting Tucci and his wife to a dinner party. Streep had prepared blanquette de veau (veal in white cream sauce), but when the guests arrived, the dish wasn’t ready yet. Almost immediately, Tucci was in the kitchen. Before long, “he’d taken complete control,” says Streep.
Tucci denied everything, smiled and would say only that they drank lots of wine.
Here, a few recipes inspired by the film, including a quiche published in the August issue of F&W: