- Five Essential Tips for Feeding Your Dad on Father's Day
- 5 Ways to Use Almond Butter
- 7 Things to Do with Cherry Tomatoes
- 9 Things To Do with Poblanos
- Winter Vegetable Pasta with Dolcetto
- 10 Game-Day Snacks That Will Win Any World Cup Viewing Party
- 7 Super-Easy Tapas Recipes
- A (Whiskey) Toast to Dave Matthews
- Beyond Hot Wings: 11 Crazy Foods to Buffalo for the Super Bowl
- Potato Chip-Crusted Chicken for Picnic Day
The actors in the forthcoming movie Julie & Julia love food as much as their characters do. At a press junket over the weekend, Meryl Streep (Julia Child) called costar Stanley Tucci (Paul Child) “a great chef.” To prove her point, she told a story about inviting Tucci and his wife to a dinner party. Streep had prepared blanquette de veau (veal in white cream sauce), but when the guests arrived, the dish wasn’t ready yet. Almost immediately, Tucci was in the kitchen. Before long, “he’d taken complete control,” says Streep.
Tucci denied everything, smiled and would say only that they drank lots of wine.
Here, a few recipes inspired by the film, including a quiche published in the August issue of F&W: