- Turn Your Avocado Toast into Dinner
- 9 Ways to Use Chia Seeds
- 10 Ways to Make Chilled Pudding
- 6 Ways to Use Canned Pumpkin
- 9 Dips to Make for a Thanksgiving Potluck
- 3 Exquisite Roasted Dips
- 5 Homemade Chow Mein Recipes That Are Better Than Takeout
- 7 Best Party Dips for Graduation
- A Smoked Salmon Rice Bowl with Riesling
- One-Pot Stew with Malbec
The actors in the forthcoming movie Julie & Julia love food as much as their characters do. At a press junket over the weekend, Meryl Streep (Julia Child) called costar Stanley Tucci (Paul Child) “a great chef.” To prove her point, she told a story about inviting Tucci and his wife to a dinner party. Streep had prepared blanquette de veau (veal in white cream sauce), but when the guests arrived, the dish wasn’t ready yet. Almost immediately, Tucci was in the kitchen. Before long, “he’d taken complete control,” says Streep.
Tucci denied everything, smiled and would say only that they drank lots of wine.
Here, a few recipes inspired by the film, including a quiche published in the August issue of F&W: