- Watch: How to Make Hot Pot at Home
- 3 Essential Tips for Cooking Pasta
- Ligurian Dumpling Soup
- Grilled Peanut-Lime Cornish Hens, Penang-Style
- Hanukkah Toffee Matzo
- How to Explode the Myth That Cheese Can't Go With Fish
- Grilled Striped Bass with Sweet-and-Savory Caramel
- 4 Essential Tips for Cooking Tomatoes
- How to Make Grilled Beef Rolls Like a Vietnamese Grandmother
- Strawberry-Champagne Granita
TV star Andrew Zimmern loves making strawberry jam. Here's his wonderfully sweet-tart recipe.
I’m not a hobbyist cook in the strict sense, but I love to put up food. I don’t can many vegetables, I prefer to freeze or process them some other way, but I love making strawberry jam. There is nothing—nothing—like the taste of overripe summer berries. They need to be red all the way through—the type of juicy berry that inspires you to keep napkins around for your elbows and cheeks.
I started putting vinegar in my strawberry jam a while ago because I like the tartness. If you want to omit the vinegar, go right ahead; just knock the sugar down a notch. Sometimes I make this recipe with a cup of slivered basil leaves as well. Get the Recipe