- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Chef Gavin Kaysen's restaurant opens later this year. Here, he shares his outrageously delicious tomato water Bloody Mary recipe.
Chef Gavin Kaysen's restaurant, Merchant, opens later this year in Minneapolis. Here, he shares his outrageously delicious tomato water Bloody Mary recipe.
Tomato Water Bloody Marys
In a colander set over a bowl, sprinkle 1 1/2 pounds sliced tomatoes with 2 teaspoons kosher salt. Let stand for 1 hour. Press the tomatoes lightly. In a cocktail shaker, combine 3/4 cup of the resulting tomato water with 1/2 cup tomato juice, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vodka, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons grated horseradish, 1 pinch of pepper and 2 dashes each of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco. Stir and pour into 2 ice-filled glasses; garnish with herb sprigs and serve.
Peach-Thyme Ice Cubes
In a food processor, puree 1 1/4 pounds pitted and quartered peaches with 1 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon thyme leaves. Pour into 2 ice cube trays and freeze. Serve in white sangria or sparkling wine.