- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- Ever Wanted to Taste a Watermelon Cloud?
"A seriously geeky Cava that is extremely drinkable especially at this price!" Read more >
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Keith Goldston, Master Sommelier and Wine Director at RANGE in Washington, DC
Why: “I find almost every day is better with bubbles so finding a great bottle of bubbles that is delicious and affordable makes it easier to practice what I preach. This Cava from Peñalba López is from the limestone hillsides overlooking one of Spain’s top red wine regions (Ribera del Duero). They age it for 25 months on its lees [the dead yeast cells and other byproducts of fermentation] just like the best vintage Champagnes. The result: A Cava with great cherry and cranberry flavors that roll into a long dry finish with notes of chalk. A seriously geeky Cava that is extremely drinkable especially at this price!”