- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
- 6 Foods for Dedicated Garlic Lovers
- 5 Best-Ever Summer Brunch Cocktails
- 9 Best-Ever Strawberry Dishes for Brunch
Break out your rolling pins—National Sugar Cookie Day is here! Skip the boring store-bought slice-and-bake dough and opt instead for a buttery, crispy homemade recipe. Here, six awesome sugar cookie upgrades.
Break out your rolling pins—National Sugar Cookie Day is here! Skip the boring store-bought slice-and-bake dough and opt instead for a buttery, crispy homemade recipe. Here, six awesome sugar cookie upgrades:
1. Candied Orange Sugar Cookies
Super star chef Suzanne Goin, who used to work at Berkeley, California's Chez Panisse, adapted these sugar-edged cookies from the Chez Panisse Desserts cookbook.
2. Crisp Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
This simple recipe is a great base for any number of flavoring and spice combinations. Try replacing the cinnamon and vanilla with ginger, nutmeg and lemon oil, or with orange oil, orange zest and a few drops of brewed espresso.
3. Lemon-Scented Sugar Cookies
Freshly grated lemon zest brightens up these buttery cookies.
4. Double-Ginger Sugar Cookies
These especially crispy cookies call for baking soda instead of baking powder.
5. Iced Brown Sugar Cookies
The white frosting on this cookie has a bit of brown sugar, which adds a great color and flavor.
6. Ginger-Studded Sugar Cookies
This sweet, candied-ginger dough can be rolled out and cut into any shape or formed into logs and refrigerated for simple slice-and-bake cookies.