- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Break out your rolling pins—National Sugar Cookie Day is here! Skip the boring store-bought slice-and-bake dough and opt instead for a buttery, crispy homemade recipe. Here, six awesome sugar cookie upgrades.
Break out your rolling pins—National Sugar Cookie Day is here! Skip the boring store-bought slice-and-bake dough and opt instead for a buttery, crispy homemade recipe. Here, six awesome sugar cookie upgrades:
1. Candied Orange Sugar Cookies
Super star chef Suzanne Goin, who used to work at Berkeley, California's Chez Panisse, adapted these sugar-edged cookies from the Chez Panisse Desserts cookbook.
2. Crisp Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
This simple recipe is a great base for any number of flavoring and spice combinations. Try replacing the cinnamon and vanilla with ginger, nutmeg and lemon oil, or with orange oil, orange zest and a few drops of brewed espresso.
3. Lemon-Scented Sugar Cookies
Freshly grated lemon zest brightens up these buttery cookies.
4. Double-Ginger Sugar Cookies
These especially crispy cookies call for baking soda instead of baking powder.
5. Iced Brown Sugar Cookies
The white frosting on this cookie has a bit of brown sugar, which adds a great color and flavor.
6. Ginger-Studded Sugar Cookies
This sweet, candied-ginger dough can be rolled out and cut into any shape or formed into logs and refrigerated for simple slice-and-bake cookies.