- 5 Best Cuisines for Gluten-Free Diners
- Batali Disciple in Cartagena
- Oatmeal, Cheaper, Faster and Better
- The Five Commandments for Making Perfect Biscuits
- The Perfect Miami Beach Food Weekend Part One
- Pay-What-You-Want Restaurants
- Counterintuitive Pairing: Chorizo with White, Striped Bass with Red
- Jonathan Waxman's Way
- Restaurant Survivor - The Grand Cayman Episode
- Chinese Food Outside the Takeout Box
© Alessandra Bulow
Scandinavian-style crispbread with truffle butter and house-smoked venison on a bed of grains from Aquavit’s Marcus Jernmark
Chefs from more than 50 restaurants in New York created tastings for the event, including Aquavit’s new chef Marcus Jernmark, who served Scandinavian-style crisp bread with truffle butter and house-smoked venison on a bed of grains (pictured), and Maialino’s Nick Anderer, who stewed supertender tripe in a spicy tomato sauce and topped it with mint grown on the Gramercy Park Hotel’s yet-to-be-opened rooftop garden.
Also in attendance were some of the city’s top mixologists from bars like PDT (Jim Meehan, deputy editor of the F&W Cocktails guide represented), Clover Club, Death & Co., Dutch Kills and newcomers Cienfuegos and Painkiller.
Chefs and mixologists throughout the United States are donating their time, talent and passion at nearly 40 Taste of the Nation culinary events this spring and summer. Click here for more information about how to help end child hunger in America by attending an incredible tasting event in your community.