- How to Cook Like a Millionaire
- The Cookbook That Teaches You How to Boil Water
- Steal This Cookbook
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten Eschews Escoffier, Admires Ali-Bab
- The Ultimate Book for Fire-Loving Cooks
- The Perfect Cookbook for Italian Daughters-in-Law
- Nigel Slater's Recipes Will Transport You to Idyllic London
- Jimmy Bradley’s Favorite Storybook Cookbook
- This Hidden Gem of a Cookbook Has the Perfect Escargot Recipe
- Spain, Greece, the Middle East and North Africa...All in One Inspiring Cookbook
“The book I constantly grab is the original Au Pied de Cochon cookbook,” Vinny Dotolo says.
Getting a chef to pick a favorite cookbook is like asking a parent to choose her most-loved child. But F&W pressed great cooks around the country to reveal their top picks of all time.
The Chef: Vinny Dotolo, Animal and Son of a Gun in Los Angeles
The Book: Au Pied de Cochon by Martin Picard (2006)
“The book I constantly grab is the original Au Pied de Cochon cookbook,” Dotolo says. “I love the layout and design and the message. It was self-published, it was just awesome, full of that f***-you spirit. The message in that book is be who you are. It really spoke to me. It was very much in my mind when we opened Animal.”