- The National Gingerbread House Competition’s Winning Designs Are Absolutely Incredible
- How Production Designer James Connelly Designed Kitchens for Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party
- 5 Places to Use Benjamin Moore’s 2017 Color of the Year
- Mario Batali's Crocs Are Back in Vogue
- These Retro-Styled Posters Spotlight Extinct Species
- These Amazing Plants Are Actually Hand-Painted Clay
- Can You Objectify Scent?
- These Gorgeous Ceramic Fragrance Diffusers Mimic Japanese Stone
- Rice Straw Tatami Isn’t Just for Flooring
- European House Music Inspired This Colorful Furniture
Star chef Tom Colicchio is no stranger to finding new talent thanks to his multiple restaurants and eight seasons as head judge on "Top Chef"–but this fall, he's not just working with emerging chefs. Colicchio curated an "artisan to table" collection with e-commerce site DARA Artisans to showcase both new and well-known artisans from around the country. The collection features items like stoneware from Vermont-based Stonehouse Pottery, cutting boards from LA-artist Dominik Woods and maple syrup from New York's Westwind Orchard–and 10% of all proceeds will be donated to Food Policy Action.
Though many of DARA Artisans' makers come from around the world, Colicchio wanted to focus on American artisans for his collection: “It’s about supporting dying arts–and particularly so domestically. As a country we’ve become conditioned to following the dollar; that for the artisan it’s a very hard industry. This is one of the reasons that I’m attracted to and I’ve partnered with DARA. They’ve created a marketplace that artisans can take advantage of." DARA was founded in August 2014 by Dan and Dara Brewster as a way to showcase exquisitly-made jewelry, clothing and home products from around the world.