- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- No Animals Were Hurt in the Making of These Vegetarian Carpaccios
- 7 Superfast Fried Game Day Desserts
- 6 Extra-Spicy Chicken Wing Recipes
- 9 Extremely Delicious Things to Make With Kabocha Squash
- 7 Vibrant Recipes for the First Day of Spring
F&W's Justin Chapple reveals the brilliant chef tricks behind his lemony layered cheesecake and super-simple homemade ice cream.
So many of the tricks I’ve picked up in the F&W Test Kitchen come from chefs. The better the chef, the simpler the trick. I’m not embarrassed to say I borrowed an idea for my icebox cheesecake from Michelle Polzine, the pastry chef behind San Francisco’s 20th Century Café, who inspired me to fold lemon curd into whipped cream. Spanish legend Ferran Adrià has an ingenious method for making ice cream without an ice cream machine by blending frozen fruit with sugar and fromage blanc; my own trick is to swap in sweetened condensed milk to make the recipe more accessible.