- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
F&W's Justin Chapple reveals the brilliant chef tricks behind his lemony layered cheesecake and super-simple homemade ice cream.
So many of the tricks I’ve picked up in the F&W Test Kitchen come from chefs. The better the chef, the simpler the trick. I’m not embarrassed to say I borrowed an idea for my icebox cheesecake from Michelle Polzine, the pastry chef behind San Francisco’s 20th Century Café, who inspired me to fold lemon curd into whipped cream. Spanish legend Ferran Adrià has an ingenious method for making ice cream without an ice cream machine by blending frozen fruit with sugar and fromage blanc; my own trick is to swap in sweetened condensed milk to make the recipe more accessible.