- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
F&W's Justin Chapple reveals the brilliant chef tricks behind his lemony layered cheesecake and super-simple homemade ice cream.
So many of the tricks I’ve picked up in the F&W Test Kitchen come from chefs. The better the chef, the simpler the trick. I’m not embarrassed to say I borrowed an idea for my icebox cheesecake from Michelle Polzine, the pastry chef behind San Francisco’s 20th Century Café, who inspired me to fold lemon curd into whipped cream. Spanish legend Ferran Adrià has an ingenious method for making ice cream without an ice cream machine by blending frozen fruit with sugar and fromage blanc; my own trick is to swap in sweetened condensed milk to make the recipe more accessible.