- Mike Brown's Tequila-Mezcal Situation
- The Best Cherry for a Manhattan
- A Funkier Glass of Sparkling
- Nor'Easter, on the Rocks
- Joe Beef's Chef Prefers Two-Ingredient Cocktails
- The Easiest Fall Cocktail Ever
- Wine is the New Coffee
- 6 Negronis to Get Eric Ripert Buzzed
- Melissa Perello’s Favorite Fall Cocktail
- Eric Banh’s First Eggnog
Chef Gabe Thompson of New York City’s L’Apicio, Dell’anima, L’Artusi and Anfora used to like fancy beers but then he met his wife.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender’s expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
Chef Gabe Thompson of New York City’s L’Apicio, Dell’anima, L’Artusi and Anfora used to like fancy beers but then he met his wife, Katherine, who is also the pastry chef at his restaurants. “She did a lot to my palate,” he says. “She turned me on to lighter, crisper beer.” For Thompson, that means Miller High Life—a bucket of them after a long shift. “I don’t drink all of them by myself,” he says. Conversely, when it comes to wine, he’s strictly high class—again, thanks to Katherine. “Now, I can’t drink wine unless it’s really good,” he says. “I like snobby wine and not snobby beer.”