- At Chicago's New Moody Tongue Tasting Room, There's Truffle Beer on Tap
- Tailgate Like a Pro with 5 Ideal Sandwich-and-Beer Pairings
- Brunch Drinks
- Beer-Spiked Desserts for Memorial Day
- Can You Taste This Song?
- How to Give the Gift of Cool Beer Labels
- 3 Awesome Beer Cocktails from the Modern Family Dad's New Bar
- 4 Supereasy Beer Cocktails
- A Craft Beer Lover's Guide to America
- 6 Awesome New Breweries Around the U.S.
I'm of the belief that a scoop of vanilla ice cream is a great addition to many types of fizzy beverages-both non-alcoholic and alcoholic alike-beyond the usual (albeit delightful) root beer.
Since summer seems to have returned for an encore in New York this week, I can put down the Oktoberfest drinks and justify sipping fizzy beverages of the blueberry variety-and what goes well with blueberries? Vanilla ice cream. I recently discovered Maine Root's all-natural Blueberry Soda, which tastes just like fresh-picked berries and practically begs for a scoop of vanilla. For an adult float, top off a pint of Bluepoint Brewery's Blueberry Ale. This Long Island brewer adds 132 pounds of blueberries to every batch, giving the ale lots of berry flavor without too much sweetness.
Once summer's gone for good, I will continue my float experimentation with fall's favorite squash. Maine Root's just about to release a new soda flavor: Pumpkin Pie, which sounds like a Thanksgiving treat to me. And Dogfish Head brewery's rich, nutmeggy Punkin Ale might be a great fit for a scoop or two as well.