- 11 Ways to Use Okra
- 7 Non-Traditional Ways to Serve Turkey at Thanksgiving
- Quinoa Sauté with Grüner Veltliner
- Healthy Borscht Salad with Juicy Beaujolais
- 6 Ways to Showcase Peas
- David Chang Pigs Out on Barley
- 5 Quick and Comforting Rice Dishes
- 10 Ways to Use Kale
- 8 Soup Recipes You Should Definitely Batch
- Fast Vegan Black Bean Chili with Malbec
The plight of the honeybee is all the buzz this year, with its mysteriously dwindling population getting a mention in the new M. Night Shyamalan movie, The Happening, and inspiring Häagen-Dazs to create a honey-flavored ice cream and fund bee Colony Collapse Disorder research.
The August issue of Food & Wine pays homage to the bee with eight delicious, honey-centric recipes and a primer on the best single-varietal honeys on the market.
Fairmont has also jumped on the save-the-bee bandwagon. In June, more than 100,000 bees checked in to the roof of the Fairmont Royal York hotel in Toronto. The hotel partnered with the Toronto Beekeepers Cooperative to create a rooftop apiary to house three hives, and the hotel’s executive chef will be sourcing his honey straight from the roof.
Fairmont also plans to add bee colonies to two other Canadian properties this summer: the Fairmont Algonquin in St. Andrews and the Fairmont Winnipeg.