- Five Essential Tips for Feeding Your Dad on Father's Day
- How to Make Incredible Chicken Wings Without a Grill
- Still-Delicious Eighties Dishes
- 5 Best-Ever Watermelon Recipes for the Fourth of July
- 7 Non-Traditional Ways to Serve Turkey at Thanksgiving
- Poutine Checkup
- 7 Ways to Rethink Cheesecake
- 10 Ways to Make Ratatouille
- More Sensational Smoky Foods
- Cheesy Salad Tacos by Alice Waters
The plight of the honeybee is all the buzz this year, with its mysteriously dwindling population getting a mention in the new M. Night Shyamalan movie, The Happening, and inspiring Häagen-Dazs to create a honey-flavored ice cream and fund bee Colony Collapse Disorder research.
The August issue of Food & Wine pays homage to the bee with eight delicious, honey-centric recipes and a primer on the best single-varietal honeys on the market.
Fairmont has also jumped on the save-the-bee bandwagon. In June, more than 100,000 bees checked in to the roof of the Fairmont Royal York hotel in Toronto. The hotel partnered with the Toronto Beekeepers Cooperative to create a rooftop apiary to house three hives, and the hotel’s executive chef will be sourcing his honey straight from the roof.
Fairmont also plans to add bee colonies to two other Canadian properties this summer: the Fairmont Algonquin in St. Andrews and the Fairmont Winnipeg.