- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 5 Kosher-for-Passover Fish Dishes That Are Better Than Gefilte Fish
- 10 Incredible Fish Dishes You Should Definitely Be Eating
- Beyond Hot Wings: 11 Crazy Foods to Buffalo for the Super Bowl
- 7 Non-Traditional Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
- 10 Recipes for the Best Easter Cookies Ever
- 10 Best-Ever Easter Cupcakes
- 8 Almost-Effortless Holiday Roasts
- 10 Lamb Recipes for Easter Dinner
- NYC Loves Chilaquiles
The plight of the honeybee is all the buzz this year, with its mysteriously dwindling population getting a mention in the new M. Night Shyamalan movie, The Happening, and inspiring Häagen-Dazs to create a honey-flavored ice cream and fund bee Colony Collapse Disorder research.
The August issue of Food & Wine pays homage to the bee with eight delicious, honey-centric recipes and a primer on the best single-varietal honeys on the market.
Fairmont has also jumped on the save-the-bee bandwagon. In June, more than 100,000 bees checked in to the roof of the Fairmont Royal York hotel in Toronto. The hotel partnered with the Toronto Beekeepers Cooperative to create a rooftop apiary to house three hives, and the hotel’s executive chef will be sourcing his honey straight from the roof.
Fairmont also plans to add bee colonies to two other Canadian properties this summer: the Fairmont Algonquin in St. Andrews and the Fairmont Winnipeg.