- Five Essential Tips for Feeding Your Dad on Father's Day
- 5 Ways to Use Almond Butter
- 7 Things to Do with Cherry Tomatoes
- 9 Things To Do with Poblanos
- Winter Vegetable Pasta with Dolcetto
- 10 Game-Day Snacks That Will Win Any World Cup Viewing Party
- 7 Super-Easy Tapas Recipes
- National Doughnut Day
- Beyond Hot Wings: 11 Crazy Foods to Buffalo for the Super Bowl
- Potato Chip-Crusted Chicken for Picnic Day
The plight of the honeybee is all the buzz this year, with its mysteriously dwindling population getting a mention in the new M. Night Shyamalan movie, The Happening, and inspiring Häagen-Dazs to create a honey-flavored ice cream and fund bee Colony Collapse Disorder research.
The August issue of Food & Wine pays homage to the bee with eight delicious, honey-centric recipes and a primer on the best single-varietal honeys on the market.
Fairmont has also jumped on the save-the-bee bandwagon. In June, more than 100,000 bees checked in to the roof of the Fairmont Royal York hotel in Toronto. The hotel partnered with the Toronto Beekeepers Cooperative to create a rooftop apiary to house three hives, and the hotel’s executive chef will be sourcing his honey straight from the roof.
Fairmont also plans to add bee colonies to two other Canadian properties this summer: the Fairmont Algonquin in St. Andrews and the Fairmont Winnipeg.