- 5 Incredible Cinco de Mayo Desserts
- 9 Super-Tasty Meatless Burgers for Memorial Day
- 10 Superfast Grilling Recipes
- 5 Egg Appetizers for Easter
- 10 Best-Ever Pasta Salads for the Fourth of July
- 10 Ways to Make Ribs for the Fourth of July
- How to Cook 3 Supercheap and Insanely Delicious Cuts of Lamb
- 7 Ways to Rethink Cheesecake
- 5 Ways to Amp Up Any Gravy
- How to Fix Lumpy Gravy and 3 Other Classic Thanksgiving Mistakes
The plight of the honeybee is all the buzz this year, with its mysteriously dwindling population getting a mention in the new M. Night Shyamalan movie, The Happening, and inspiring Häagen-Dazs to create a honey-flavored ice cream and fund bee Colony Collapse Disorder research.
The August issue of Food & Wine pays homage to the bee with eight delicious, honey-centric recipes and a primer on the best single-varietal honeys on the market.
Fairmont has also jumped on the save-the-bee bandwagon. In June, more than 100,000 bees checked in to the roof of the Fairmont Royal York hotel in Toronto. The hotel partnered with the Toronto Beekeepers Cooperative to create a rooftop apiary to house three hives, and the hotel’s executive chef will be sourcing his honey straight from the roof.
Fairmont also plans to add bee colonies to two other Canadian properties this summer: the Fairmont Algonquin in St. Andrews and the Fairmont Winnipeg.