- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
Brooklyn-based wine buyer Ben Bohen reveals his favorite bottle for less than $17.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Ben Bohen, wine buyer at Waterfront Wines and Spirits in Brooklyn
What: 2012 Marc Plouzeau Touraine Sauvignon Blanc for $13
Why: “This is a crisp and totally quaffable white wine that goes well with a variety of dishes, but is also a crowd-pleaser just on its own. It delivers some of the racy minerality of Sancerre at half the price or even less.”
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.