- In Defense of Cabernet Franc
- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- A Napa Valley Sommelier’s Go-To
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
- Greece's Answer to Pinot Noir
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- My First House White
- 3 Terrific Wines to Pair with Short Ribs
- An $11 Spanish Red Made from a Grape You've Never Heard Of
Brooklyn-based wine buyer Ben Bohen reveals his favorite bottle for less than $17.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Ben Bohen, wine buyer at Waterfront Wines and Spirits in Brooklyn
What: 2012 Marc Plouzeau Touraine Sauvignon Blanc for $13
Why: “This is a crisp and totally quaffable white wine that goes well with a variety of dishes, but is also a crowd-pleaser just on its own. It delivers some of the racy minerality of Sancerre at half the price or even less.”
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.