- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
- A Sicilian Red Wine with a Do-Gooder Story
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Virginia Chardonnay That's Amazing with Seafood
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- A Brilliant Biodynamic White from Oregon
- Last-Gasp-of-Winter White
- A Terrific Chianti Classico (With Some Age)
Brooklyn-based wine buyer Ben Bohen reveals his favorite bottle for less than $17.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Ben Bohen, wine buyer at Waterfront Wines and Spirits in Brooklyn
What: 2012 Marc Plouzeau Touraine Sauvignon Blanc for $13
Why: “This is a crisp and totally quaffable white wine that goes well with a variety of dishes, but is also a crowd-pleaser just on its own. It delivers some of the racy minerality of Sancerre at half the price or even less.”
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.