- 5 Ways to Hack a Wine List
- 3 B&Bs to Stay at Now
- 3 Offbeat Wine Lists to Try
- Have these Sydney Chefs Invented the New Avocado Toast?
- Bucatini is the New Black
- 3 Must-Try Chef Collaborations
- 3 Eastern European Wines to Try
- 4 Places to Go in Bogotá
- Sai Ying Pun: Hong Kong's Buzziest Hood
- The Best Snacks to Discover in a Brown Paper Bag
The City by the Bay is coming back strong after a few years of relative quiet. At the center of the restaurant resurgence: the once-sleepy Hayes Valley neighborhood.
Nojo Ramen Tavern
Creamy chicken broth, not traditional pork, flavors the noodles at this outpost of a Japanese restaurant group. nojosf.com.
A star in her native Mexico, chef Gabriela Cámara focuses on seasonal ceviches here. On weekdays, customers can score inventive tacos at the back entrance. calarestaurant.com.
Dominique Crenn creates rustic French dishes inspired by her childhood in Brittany. petitcrenn.com.
The hearty yet healthy dishes at this all-day café, like trumpet mushrooms with tomato-bacon stew and kale, are dairy- and gluten-free. www.littlegem.restaurant.
After years heading kitchens for Daniel Patterson, chef Kim Alter serves whimsical, weekly-changing tasting menus at her own restaurant. Quirky touches include shared plates that break in two like a friendship necklace.