- Grant Achatz Smokes in the Office
- David Chang's Amazing 5-Ingredient Side Dish
- Hugh Acheson's Expert Selfies
- How to Eat Like F&W's Chefs-in-Residence
- Anthony Bourdain's Travel Sketch Pad
- Food Trends That Should Die
- David Chang’s New Restaurant is a Spicy Ode to Chick-fil-A
- David Chang ♥'s Chicken Fingers
- Spend New Year’s Eve with F&W’s Chefs-in-Residence
- Andrew Zimmern Raids the Break Room for Sweets, Loves Cold Chinese Take-Out
We asked you about your #1 essential cooking ingredient. Here, the results of our poll.
F&W Chef-in-Residence David Chang on an Essential Ingredient:
"All home cooks should use fermented foods like kimchi. Everyone's lives can be improved with kimchi. Everyone should have stinky garlic breath!"
F&W Twitter followers couldn't agree more with Chang. When asked what ingredient they couldn't live without, they said garlic more than anything else. In second place was salt—one follower felt strong enough about the subject to remark that good salt was "better than cocaine." Olive oil and butter tied for third.