- Quick Snack
- The Ultimate Italian Bar Snack
- Salad Dressing Days
- Heroic Waiter Saves Customers at NYC's Bar Bao
- Crazy Fried Chicken
- Waffle Mania
- The Little Trick to Eating Ramen That Will Change Your Slurping Game
- This Chicago Chef Designed His Hit Restaurant Around His Home
- There’s No Poutine at the Highly Anticipated Riel, Opening Next Week
- What Happens When the Man Behind Sushi Nakazawa Takes on NYC Icon Chumley’s
Guess who’s back in town for the summer: chef Ryan Skeen, who has thrilled people like me at—before walking away from—such NYC restaurants as Resto, Irving Mill, General Greene and Allen & Delancey, all in the span of 36 months.
© Zandy Mangol
© Zandy Mangol
Ryan Skeen Will Be Back in NYC with a Summertime Pop Up.
Skeen’s new project, with The Restaurant Group, will be a pop-up restaurant at 10 Waverly Place. Starting July 13, Skeen will serve a $50 three-course prix fixe menu four nights a week (Wednesdays through Saturdays). There’s also the option of a chef’s tasting menu for $85 with as many courses as Skeen wants to serve—currently, he’s thinking about Jonah Crab and White Asparagus Soup, Quail with Figs and Smoked Potatoes, and Beignets with Foie Cardamom Custard.
Now, guess what's the name of Skeen’s restaurant: TBD ("because you never know what will happen" according to the press release). Also TBD: the dates for visiting guest chefs (and F&W Best New Chefs) Nate Appleman, Katy Sparks and Michael Psilakis.
For reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org.