- Watch: How to Make Hot Pot at Home
- Irresistible Skewered Shrimp and Ham with Apple Jelly
- Pumpkin Pie
- 3 Essential Tips for Cooking Pasta
- Ligurian Dumpling Soup
- Grilled Peanut-Lime Cornish Hens, Penang-Style
- How to Explode the Myth That Cheese Can't Go With Fish
- Chile Sauce 101: Christmas-Style
- Grilled Striped Bass with Sweet-and-Savory Caramel
- 4 Essential Tips for Cooking Tomatoes
Andrew Zimmern likes serving his juicy, perfectly cooked leg of lamb alongside a tangy, creamy sauce made with lots of fresh lemon and dill.
Lamb is my favorite summertime meat and nothing beats roasting a whole leg. While this recipe is best in the oven, it’s easily adaptable for the grill, cooking over medium indirect heat. The best tool in the world for home cooks working with bone-in meats is a meat thermometer. There is no substitute for the thermometer other than experience.
I happen to like classics, so last season I served lamb with mint sauce, but this year I’m making this amazing Greek egg and lemon sauce, called avgolemono. It’s easier than it sounds! Get the Recipe