- What Will the Women of OITNB Be Eating This Season?
- How Outdoor Style Icon Andrea Westerlind Does Summer
- Preview: Dominique Ansel and Alex Stupak's Awesome Ice Cream Tacos
- Now Is the Time to Eat New Shell Lobster
- 7 Best Stuffed Tomatoes
- Summer Wine Steals from Firstleaf
- 7 Summery Brunch Cocktails
- The Best Way to Grill a Huge Piece of Meat
- 4 Dreamy Options for Eating Your Takeout Al Fresco
- Corn and Green Tomato Salad
F&W showcases tricked-out custom grills at restaurants across the country.
Courtesy of Seamus Mullen
At New York City’s Tertulia, Seamus Mullen (photo) uses Grillworks’ Argentinean-inspired setup. The angled surface funnels juices and fat into a basting pan, preventing flare-ups.
NorCal’s adjustable grills come in extra- large sizes; Rachel Yang at Seattle’s Revel lowers the grate deep into the firebox to slow-cook whole lambs.
When Christopher Kostow recently renovated the kitchen at Napa Valley’s Meadowood, he installed this Spanish Josper grill-oven hybrid, which mixes live-fire grilling with superhot roasting.
Wolfgang Puck installed J&R grills at his four Cut steak houses. The cement-lined firebox prevents the kitchen from overheating.
Related: Ultimate Guide to Summer Grilling