- 3 Terrific Wines to Pair with Short Ribs
- An $11 Spanish Red Made from a Grape You've Never Heard Of
- A Red to Drink with Porchetta
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- A Côtes du Rhône for Stews and Roasts
- A Malbec That Speaks French
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- A Stunning $17 White Burgundy
- Lively and Smoky: Red Muscadet
Frappato is a lighter-bodied, refreshing and fruity red from southern Sicily that you can chill down, toss in your cooler and take to the beach
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Stevie Stacionis, owner and wine buyer at Bay Grape, in Oakland, California.
What: 2012 Tamí Frappato
Why: "Winemaker Arianna Occhipinti is my heroine and she's a wine industry heartthrob—beautiful inside and out. She's eloquent, gutsy, passionate about sustainability, with drop-dead gorgeous wines to boot. Her Frappato is a lighter-bodied, refreshing and fruity red from southern Sicily that you can chill down, toss in your cooler and take to the beach."
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.