- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
- Greece's Answer to Pinot Noir
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- My First House White
- 3 Terrific Wines to Pair with Short Ribs
- An $11 Spanish Red Made from a Grape You've Never Heard Of
- A Red to Drink with Porchetta
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- A Côtes du Rhône for Stews and Roasts
This full-bodied Sicilian red is very versatile with food.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Olivier Flosse, wine director of MARC US, owner of A Voce
Why: Olivier says the wine is perfectly balanced—a full-bodied red with smooth tannins and spicy notes of red pepper and cinnamon. It pairs nicely with grilled sardines and salmon, roast chicken and vegetables like asparagus or mushrooms.