- 20+ Delicious Emmy Awards Cocktails and Snacks
- Snack-Perfect Tarte Flambée
- Super-Fast Sweet 'n’ Salty Snacks
- Chickpeas: The New Trend in Snacking
- Coronation Chicken Salad for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee
- Cat Cora’s Healthy Quinoa and Grilled Chicken Salad
- Asparagus Industry-Friendly Salad
- A Light Start to the Week: Chinese Chicken Salad
- Holiday Detox: Winter Chicken Salad
- Quick Grains
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first film in Francis Ford Coppola’s award-winning cult trilogy, The Godfather, AMC has been airing the original version all week. Starting tomorrow at 10 a.m., the channel will culminate its celebration by premiering digitally restored versions of all three films.
The first film contains one of F&W’s all-time-favorite food scenes when "Fat" Clemenza teaches the boss's son Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) how to cook a Sunday sauce: "Come over here, kid, learn something. You never know, you might have to cook for 20 guys some day. You see, you start out with a little bit of oil. Then you fry some garlic. Then you throw in some tomatoes, tomato paste, you fry it; you make sure it doesn't stick. You get it to a boil; you shove in all your sausage and your meatballs. And a little bit of wine. And a little bit of sugar, and that's my trick." Clemenza's next lesson: How to get away with killing a crooked police captain. He's also credited with the line "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Great movie.
Here, a perfect slow cooker Sunday sauce and more Italian food recipes.
Related: Italian Pasta RecipesMore Italian Recipes