- 9 Ways to Use Melon
- 7 Best-Ever Healthy Summer Salads
- 12 Salads to Make with Roast Chicken
- Emeril Lagasse’s Bacony Sauteed Radishes
- 10 Ways to Use Radishes
- 5 Chile Dishes You Should Definitely Be Eating
- 10 Ways to Use Spaghetti Squash
- Andrew Zimmern's Key Lime Pie
- 5 Ways to Make Your Own Pesto
- Turn Your Avocado Toast into Dinner
I’ve always believed that South Americans are the ultimate hedonists. Talk about a culture that knows how to live well. For example, in Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay, today, July 20, is Friend’s Day (El Día del Amigo). Locals celebrate by gathering friends around the table to eat and drink. That’s my kind of holiday. In honor of Friend’s Day, I’ll be drinking Bodega Elena de Mendoza Malbec (a fantastic wine from Mendoza that’s newly imported to the States), eating empanadas and watching the COPA semifinals soccer game being played in Mendoza. Here, some other ways to celebrate Friend’s Day:
1. Have an asado (barbecue) with friends. Try these recipes from South American grillmaster Francis Mallman.
2. Host an Argentinean wine tasting. Try these bottles.
3. Host a dinner party and make our delicious empanada recipe.