- Five Essential Tips for Feeding Your Dad on Father's Day
- 10 Healthy Foods You Should Definitely Eat While Watching the Tour de France
- How to Cure Salmon in 30 Minutes
- Tasty (Mis)Adventures in Vegetarian Red Wine Pairings
- Fast Pan-Fried Chicken for Derby Day
- The Future of Ketchup
- Fast and Flavorful Miso-Ginger Chicken
- Outstanding Triple-Decker Lemongrass Pork Burgers
- 13 Ways to Make a Bad Burger Great
- Nicholas Elmi's Best Five-Ingredient Recipes
I’ve always believed that South Americans are the ultimate hedonists. Talk about a culture that knows how to live well. For example, in Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay, today, July 20, is Friend’s Day (El Día del Amigo). Locals celebrate by gathering friends around the table to eat and drink. That’s my kind of holiday. In honor of Friend’s Day, I’ll be drinking Bodega Elena de Mendoza Malbec (a fantastic wine from Mendoza that’s newly imported to the States), eating empanadas and watching the COPA semifinals soccer game being played in Mendoza. Here, some other ways to celebrate Friend’s Day:
1. Have an asado (barbecue) with friends. Try these recipes from South American grillmaster Francis Mallman.
2. Host an Argentinean wine tasting. Try these bottles.
3. Host a dinner party and make our delicious empanada recipe.