- There’s More to This Salmon Crostini Than Meets the Eye
- The Secret to Zahav's Incredible Hummus
- The World’s Greatest Hazelnuts Go into This Parfait
- Anita Lo’s Super-Luxe Foie Gras Soup Dumplings
- The Ultimate Salad for Beet Lovers
- Why You Should Head to Las Vegas for Clam Chowder
- Daniel Boulud’s Eternal Red Wine Fish Dish
- Rotisserie Duck Is the New Rotisserie Chicken
- David Guas’s Big Easy Beignets
- Why a $5,000 Burger Might Be the Best Deal in Las Vegas
At Lincoln in Portland, Oregon, chef Jenn Louis is known for her perfectly tender octopus.
At Lincoln in Portland, Oregon, chef Jenn Louis is known for her perfectly tender octopus. To make it, Louis first braises the octopus, then grills it, then tosses it with a touch of sherry vinaigrette laced with pimentón and serves it with a seasonal salad.
It’s not the dish’s texture, flavors or presentation that Louis appreciates so much—it’s the effort that went into creating the dish that she loves. “What I like best about it is it took some work,” she says. “The first time I made octopus, it was terrible. I made myself really think about it, read about it a lot and practice.”