- Chris Cosentino Opens Jackrabbit in Portland
- Charles Masson Brings Back the Art of Tableside Service at Majorelle
- The 100 Hottest Restaurants in America, According to OpenTable
- Why Star Bartender Julia Momose Is Embracing Mocktails
- D.C. Restaurant Owners Are Suing Donald Trump
- Why a Chicago Chef's Restaurant is Named After a Silent Artist
- Wonder Walls: How Restaurants Are Getting Into Custom Décor
- 4 Killer New Miami Restaurants and Brewpubs
- The Easiest Fruits and Vegetables to Grow in Your Garden, According to Linton Hopkins
- A Buzzy NYC Bakery's Super-Simple Cakes
© Nigel Parry
Matt Lightner Celebrated His Eater Award by Eating. A lot.
*Nine-course dinner at WD-50 (highlights: egg ravioli and liquid-center foie gras).
*Late-night lamb burgers at the Breslin.
*Four-hour lunch at Eleven Madison Park (highlights: chicken velouté with truffle toasts; venison with pickled cabbage).
*Eater’s after-party spread at Burger & Barrel. “[B&B’s chef/owner] Josh Capon comes out, and he’s like ‘eat the burger.’ You don’t say no to him, no matter how many courses you had at Eleven Madison.”
Wow. And what was Lightner going to do when he got back to Portland? Open up his Eater Award (actually a can of tomatoes) and make Bolognese sauce.