- Spain: a Love Story Told in 10 Dishes
- Happy Brooklyn Day, Everyone
- How to Feed 1,000 People on a Moving Train
- Tyson Cole Takes Tokyo and Hiroshima
- Noma To Open in Mexico Next Year
- You Can Now Book Experiences with Airbnb
- The White on Rice Couple Go to Quebec City
- These Ultra-Embarassing Gadgets Promise Better Sleep While Traveling
- Attention Elvis Fans: The Guest House at Graceland Is Taking Reservations
- 4 Reasons Orange County's Portola Coffee is the Coolest Shop in Town
© Uncharted Africa
Luxe-safari digs for World Cup viewing.
Yesterday, the New York Times named its 31 must-get-to destinations for 2010. It’s no surprise that South Africa was high on the list with the 2010 FIFA World Cup taking place there this June. Uncharted Africa Safari Co. is taking advantage of the soccer madness and the growing trend of pop-up everything by launching a pop-up safari camp in the Cradle of Humankind from June 10–July 12. The UNESCO World Heritage Site is equidistant from the Johannesburg, Pretoria and Rustenburg soccer stadiums and Uncharted Africa is setting up über-luxe tents outfitted with gorgeous rugs and furniture, Wi-Fi and 46-inch plasma-screen TVs. African barbecue will be served at 24-seat dining tables and the bars will be stocked with some of South Africa’s top wines. Those lucky enough to have tickets to the matches can choose to get to the stadiums via helicopter or limo, while the ticketless can watch the games broadcast on a video wall in a party tent.