- Hugh Acheson Wants to Make Sure No Kid Goes Hungry
- How Common Threads Can Get Kids Cooking For Life
- Five Thousand-Plus Cookies and Other Big Numbers from the Chefs for Kids Cancer Gala
- Edible Schoolyard Throws the Best Parties, Takes Kids on Epic Field Trips
- 30 Ways to EAT (RED), DRINK (RED)
- Eat Macarons for a Cause
- Eat Porchetta, Support Paula Wolfert
- 3 Ingenious Ways a Chicago Chef Feeds His Community
- Help Fight Hunger While Eating Some of NYC’s Best Food
- Screw Golf, Tony Bourdain Wants to Teach When He Retires, Amazes at the Impact of Bronx Academy of Letters
Here's how to get tax-deductible cronuts. Read more >
Continuing his brilliant philanthropic streak of offering up cronuts for the greater good, expert pastry chef and culinary zeitgeist whisperer Dominique Ansel will help feed hungry New Yorkers this Thanksgiving through The Cronut™ Mission. The project looped in notable locals like Heidi Klum, chef Amanda Freitag and the cast of Rock of Ages to design pastry boxes that will hold pairs of cronuts and be auctioned off online to benefit God's Love We Deliver.
For the occasion, Ansel created a version of his now signature dessert that's filled with pumpkin cream and decorated with gold leaf. The bidding war will last from November 18 to 26 with opening bids set to $100. We have our eyes on designer Peter Som's elegant floral cronut-carry-all (above) but frankly any one would do. Tax-deductible cronuts and no waiting in line? Sold.