- Hugh Acheson Wants to Make Sure No Kid Goes Hungry
- How Common Threads Can Get Kids Cooking For Life
- Five Thousand-Plus Cookies and Other Big Numbers from the Chefs for Kids Cancer Gala
- Edible Schoolyard Throws the Best Parties, Takes Kids on Epic Field Trips
- Bid on a Cool Cookbook for a Beautiful Cause
- Top Women Chefs Cook to Support SHARE
- Edible Schoolyard NYC's First Kitchen Classroom
- How to Train for the NYC Marathon Like a French Baker
- Restaurants Are Going (RED) to Help Fight AIDS
- Thanksgivingukkah in Rwanda
Here's how to get tax-deductible cronuts. Read more >
Continuing his brilliant philanthropic streak of offering up cronuts for the greater good, expert pastry chef and culinary zeitgeist whisperer Dominique Ansel will help feed hungry New Yorkers this Thanksgiving through The Cronut™ Mission. The project looped in notable locals like Heidi Klum, chef Amanda Freitag and the cast of Rock of Ages to design pastry boxes that will hold pairs of cronuts and be auctioned off online to benefit God's Love We Deliver.
For the occasion, Ansel created a version of his now signature dessert that's filled with pumpkin cream and decorated with gold leaf. The bidding war will last from November 18 to 26 with opening bids set to $100. We have our eyes on designer Peter Som's elegant floral cronut-carry-all (above) but frankly any one would do. Tax-deductible cronuts and no waiting in line? Sold.